There are three reasons for me picking that date:
- It’s my birthday so I’m celebrating with a book launch, woot!
- It’s Friday the 13th, I was born on a Friday the 13th and it’s always been a very very lucky date for me (it’s actually the only occasion I EVER buy lottery tickets, thirteen tickets each time my birthday falls on a Friday the 13th)
- I’m already working on the next book in the series for July’s Camp Nano, so I want to get this one out to you stat!
It’s an introductory novella, so it’s going to essentially give you the rundown on how both Pistils (the flower shop) and P&V, Inc. (the PI company) came to be…it starts with Vivian coming back to Charleston and the girls taking their destinies into their own hands. Oh, and Gran, of course!
The e-book will be available FREE across all platforms (Amazon, B&N, iBooks, Kobo, Smashwords, etc.), and the paperback (because I’m right up there with all of you who love a paperback copy) will be available at the lowest price I’m allowed to set. They have to cover the costs of printing, and I completely respect that…but being that it’s a novella, it will cost significantly less than a full-fledged novel.
After Thistles is launched and out there, my next two goals are full-speed ahead:
- Little Goal: Get paperbacks of all the books available for purchase through this website, so you can order personalized/autographed copies, bundles, gifts, gift-wrapped, whatever you like! (Bookplates and bookmarks are already available!)
- BIG Goal: Finish the next book in the Pistils series. I can tell you two things about it that aren’t secrets (because my awesome Camp Nano Scribbler Cabin bunkmates are already privy to this information): it picks up almost immediately after Pistils, and it’s called Nightshade.
Finally, if you’re wondering about the pics in this post, they’re all quotes from Thistles, and I post a new photo-quote from one of the Pistils series books almost every single day over on the Twintype Books Instagram page. I hope you’ll follow the account, I always follow back any active author/writing-type accounts, as long as you’re not obviously a follow-unfollow chump. If you have a private account or an account that you keep just for following others (aka no pics of your own), just comment on one of my posts that you came over from the blog, and I’m happy to follow/request to follow private accounts!
(Pssst…I’ve already started to post photo-quotes from Nightshade. Talk about sneak-peeks!)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!!